Filter bags made of glass fabric with PTFE membrane are used in filtration processes where the working temperature can reach 260-280°C.
Glass fabric with PTFE membrane is generally used for dedusting of fumes filtration (boilers in power plants) and cement industry.
The advantage of this material is its very competitive price compared to needle felts with similar properties. This does not mean that it can always be an alternative to materials such as PPS, Polyimide or PTFE.
This material is very sensitive to mechanical damage: scratches, bending, friction, contact with sharp objects, corrosion, or even the smallest defects of the supporting cages. Glass fabric is described as fragile or brittle, which is why its use requires an appropriate support (special supporting cages made of suitable steel).
Note, however, that this fabric requires special components, as well as compliance with strict standards of usage. These include:
- Supporting cages made of suitable steel
- proper number of longitudinal wires in supporting cages
- low filtration speed (filter ratio)
- proper pressure and regeneration cycles
- careful installation of bags with special mounting flanges (provided)
- proper storage of bags prior to installation
- maintaining a correct diameter ratio between supporting cage and bag
- additional reinforcements on the bag to prevent abrasions
Thanks to the microporous PTFE membrane, this fabric has a very high filtration efficiency.
|Application in the following industries:
Maximum Continuous in Dry Conditions: 260°C
Maximum Surge in Dry Conditions: 280°C